The League of Women Voters is the organization where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement.
Join us to:
• Educate citizens and foster dialogue on important issues from health care to climate change to immigration to money in elections
• Advocate for positive change at the local, state and national level on issues that impact us all, such as land use, education reform and government transparency and accountability
• Act as a force to create positive and lasting change in our communities
• Empower millions of voters to exercise their right to vote and to have that vote
• Preserve our constitutional rights and civil liberties
Any person 16 or older may become an active and voting member of the League. Membership in any local league automatically confers membership at the state and national levels. With membership comes the opportunity to work on local, state, regional and national issues. For more information on membership, contact the Membership chair.
Membership Dues Categories and Amounts
Membership dues, the most important part of our overall income, meet the administrative expenses of our League. They support our community forums, membership meetings, and voter education through candidate forums, voter services, and community education. A portion of each member's annual dues is paid to the National and State LWV to assist their efforts on behalf of all Leagues. Dues are $55 for a single membership and $85 for a household membership (two people at the same address). Dues are not tax deductible. A service charge is added for dues paid online. Dues for new members who join from February 1st through April 30th will be one-half the full amount of dues of that current year. Full-time students aged 16 and over may join at no charge.
How Do I Join or Renew my Membership?
There are two ways in which you may join the League of Women Voters: by Check through the mail or using PayPal (your own account or a debit/credit card) Online.